It’s been a while since I’ve baked something. I still have some things to use up, but didn’t feel like too much of a hassle, so I went with something easy.
I still want to make a perfect tofu cheesecake and I finally got my hands on some silken tofu. This stuff expires within a month, so I gotta whip out the old ‘perfect tofu cheesecake recipe in progress’ recipe soon. I did not want to do that today though, so I found some other inspiration online, adjusted half of the ingredients to something a little less unhealthy, cut the sugar amount in half, veganized it, and got to baking.
It’s a peanut butter bar! With chocolate chunks which, I’ll have to be completely honest with you, in this house aren’t vegan yet. I found vegan ones online, but have to finish these first. Don’t want to be wasteful. Obviously you can (and should) try to use vegan chocolate, or go with nuts instead (or why not both?). Anyways, I can talk and talk and talk and annoy everyone with having to scroll more, but I’ll just give you the recipe.
- 75g Ground almonds
- 75g Whole-wheat flour
- 75g Plant-based butter
- 75g Peanut butter
- 50g Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Plant-based yoghurt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Chocolate and/or nut chunks
- Preheat the oven to 165 C.
- Warm up the butter until it’s liquid.
- Combine all ingredients, except the chunks.
- When everything is well combined, add the chunks and mix well.
- Line a cake pan with parchment paper and put in your mix. Press down well.
- Put in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- Let it cool and cut into pieces.
Check out my Foodie products!