I’m a very ‘snacky’ person, so I try to make some less unhealthy snacks now and then.
A very easy and healthy snack is chickpeas from the oven. Here’s how it works:
- However many chickpeas you want, as long as you can still spread them out in one layer on your oven tray.
- Your favorite spices. I use: turmeric, black pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika powder.
- If you’re starting from dried chickpeas (they are super cheap), first soak them in water for about 12 hours. Rinse them a couple of times, then cook for about an hour.
- Rinse and drain your chickpeas. Let them dry a little.
- Preheat your oven to ~170C.
- I use some parchment paper to keep my oven tray clean, do whatever is your equivalent of that. Spread out your chickpeas evenly over your oven tray and put them in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Take out the chickpeas, add a little bit of oil (to make your spices stick better) and add your spices in the amount you’ll like. Mix well.
- Spread out your chickpeas evenly again on the oven tray and put them in the oven for another 20-30 minutes. Keeping an eye on them for the last 15 minutes or so.
The crispyness depends on how long you keep your chickpeas in the oven, but be careful not to burn them.
I keep them in an airtight jar and they stay good for atleast a week. So far, they haven’t survived any longer than that in our household.
Check out my Foodie products!