Need a good dose of veggies? Try this.
This is a very tasty, very healthy and very plant-based oven dish. Don’t skip the roasted pecans, they are delicious.
Anyways, no inspiration to talk, I just need to put this recipe here!
P.S.: Even reluctant, part-time vegan, mister hubby loved this one.
- 1kg Sweet potatoes
- About 800g mix of your favorite veggies (I used onion, broccoli, carrot, leek)
- 1 Tbsp italian spices
- 100g Roasted pecans (you can roast them yourself)
- A bit of plant-based milk
- 1 Tsp smoked paprika powder
- If your sweet potatoes aren’t organic, peel them first. Cut the sweet potatoes in smaller pieces and bring them to boil in plenty of water. Boil them on low until soft.
- Cut up your veggies and make sure the solid ones like broccoli and carrot are smaller so they warm up enough. Heat them all up in a wok and add the spices and smoked paprika powder.
- Preheat the oven to 180-200C (you know your oven best).
- Once the sweet potatoes are soft, drain them, add a bit of plant-based milk and mash them.
- In an oven dish, first add a small layer of mashed sweet potatoes, top that with your veggies and top those with the rest of your sweet potato mash.
- Put into the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with the roasted pecans.
Check out my Foodie products!