I did it! I made fudge!
I’ve been wanting to try this for a while now and honestly, I’m not sure what took me so long. I finally got myself to make this and it turned out great! Now I want to try different tastes ofcourse, but I’ll share the chocolate mint version with you first.
I wanted to do just mint first, but then I changed my mind and added cocoa, because I do love chocolate mint most of all!
Mine did turn out a little too sticky to cut up right out of the fridge, so after cooling the fudge in the fridge, I put it in the freezer for an hour or so. After that, it was easy to cut into pieces. I wrapped the individual pieces into plastic kitchen wrap and now I take one out of the freezer every couple of days for a nice, unhealthy snack or dessert.
Well, let’s get to the recipe!
- 1 Can condensed milk (~400g)
- 75g Coconut oil
- 1 Tsp mint extract
- 2-3 Tbsp cocoa, to taste
- Line a small oven dish with baking paper.
- Put the condensed milk and coconut oil in a pan and bring to a boil while constantly stiring.
- Take off the heat and add the mint extract and cocoa, stir well. This is where you can taste and add some extra cocoa if you’d prefer.
- Once everything is well stired and combined, put the mixture into the oven dish and smoothen it out.
- Let the mixture cool off in the fridge. In case the mixture isn’t becoming solid enough to cut, put it in the freezer for about an hour before moving onto step 6.
- Take the mixture with baking paper out of the oven dish, flatten the paper, cut your fudge into squares and take away the paper.
- Now either eat eat your fudge right away, or store it in the freezer for easy snacking. Take it out half an hour before eating.
These are affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I will earn an extra fee as an addition to my small designer fee.