Spicy almond coconut cookies with buckwheat flour. Great for a guilt-free snack!
I made these cookies when I was getting rid of sugar in my diet again and trying to look for healthier snacks. All to make my suffering a little easier. I stumbled upon this recipe and revised it to fit my needs and available ingredients. The result were easy snack cookies with a great taste.
Careful though, they crumble easily!
- 150g Buckwheat flour
- 100g Raw almonds (or almond flour)
- 100g Desiccated coconut
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tsp ground cardamom
- 1 Tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 120ml Melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- When using whole almonds: Pulse your almonds in a food processor until they are grounded up (small chunks are okay).
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients in your food processor.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix together again.
- In case your mixture isn’t sticking together enough, you can use a dash or two of olive oil to wetten it some more.
- Preheat your oven to 160C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Roll up small balls of the dough in your hands and press down into a cookie shape on the baking tray.
- Put the cookies into the oven for 15 minutes.
These are affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I will earn an extra fee as an addition to my small designer fee.