Today, I’d like to share a seriously delicious taste bomb with you!
This is such a tasty recipe and if you own a food processor, it’s super easy too! I just made it for the first time today and am already hooked. All props go to this Dutch foodie site, where I found this amazing recipe. I’ve decided to translate it so non-Dutchies can enjoy it too!
This little bar is a great taste bomb. You’ll enjoy the lemon juice in it, but there’s also the sweetness of dates, not to mention the yummy walnuts! I cut it into bite-size squares, so it’s easy to enjoy.
Besides the awesome taste, there’s also the fact that this little treat contains many healty ingredients. Or should I say ‘healthier’? Because ofcourse this isn’t something to eat while you’re cutting down on calories.
Now while scrolling through the comments, I found that they should stay well in the fridge for 3-4 days. However, I don’t think they’ll last that long in this house.
Right, time for the recipe!
- 275g Dates
- 75g Oatmeal
- 50g Walnuts
- 9 Tbsp coconut oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 Tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbps honey
- 1 1/2 Tsp turmeric
- Add the walnuts and dates to your food processor and pulse until they are cut up in little pieces.
- Add the oatmeal and mix until well combined. If the mix isn’t sticky enough, add a little bit of water.
- Line an oven dish with parchment paper and fill it with your mixture. Press tightly, so it forms a good, solid (though sticky) bottom.
- Liquify your coconut oil. Either by using the microwave, or by setting its container in a bowl of warm water.
- Mix in the lemon juice, zest, honey and turmeric until well combined.
- Pour this mixture over your bottom in the oven dish.
- Set your dish in the fridge for about an hour to let it harden.
- Cut it up in little squares for bite-size little taste bombs.