A regular pancakes recipe, without the eggs.
A while ago, I was looking for ways to switch out eggs. Sure, banana works for some recipes, but what if I don’t want that banana taste? So I tried baking soda and vinegar, which works like a charm aswell.
Ofcourse, this little combo made it very easy for me to make some eggless pancakes. Great, because I always have all of the other ingredients lying around the kitchen. Most of the time, eggs are the problem, because I don’t always have them.
So here we go, a normal pancakes recipe, without the eggs! Some more fluid will make for a less thick consistency, making it easier for you to make crepes. Swish around the mixture in the pan to cover the entire surface if you go for crepes and use a little less mixture per pancake/crepe.
- 100g Flour
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 250ml Milk (or water with some milk powder)
- A pinch of salt
- Mix all the ingredients together until there are no more lumps.
- Heat up some oil in a skillet over medium fire.
- Add some of the mixture to the skillet and wait until the top is dry.
- Flip over your pancake and bake until it’s golden brown.
- Repeat until you’re out of mixture.
Tasty and oh so unhealthy with syrup!
The recipe is enough for about 3 crepes/pancakes. Scale up as needed.