Have a plain looking, but delicious dessert you’re looking to decorate? Why not try these honeyed orange peels?
A little while ago, I made my very first panna cotta. It was delicious and so easy to make! However, it was quite a simple look. Basically, it was jut looking like white pudding. Not nearly good enough for this amazing dessert! So I needed to decorate it.
I’ll soon share the panna cotta recipe itself, but first things first. The decoration!
These are honeyed orange peels and they really add a festive touch to a very boring looking dessert. This is how you make them:
- A couple of oranges (the amount on the pictures is from one orange)
- Some honey
- Cut off the orange peels, trying to take as little white with it as possible.
- Cut off the whites that are still on the orange peels.
- Cut the orange peels into little stripes (careful not to cut yourself!).
- Blanch them in hot water for a few minutes, then drain them.
- Add the peels to a small sauce pan and add water and honey in equal amounts as you have orange peels.
- Put the pan on the fire and heat this up while stirring a bit now and then.
- Let this bubble away on the stove for atleast 30 minutes and add water if needed.
- Scoop out the orange peels and spread them out on a piece of baking sheet to dry for an hour.
Now you’re ready to decorate (and taste a few). The panna cotta recipe will follow soon!