I promised I would share the recipe once I had time to write it down, so here it is!
I made these cookies a little while ago, but hadn’t gotten around to writing down the recipe yet. I made some small adjustments to the ingredients, because my batter came out a bit too wet. It should be better now.
130ml Coconut oil
1tsp vanilla extract
100g Almond paste
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mix the egg and split it in half. Mix half the egg with the almond paste and set this aside.
- Mix everything else together.
- Layer an oven plate with parchment paper.
- Split your batter in two.
- Spread out half of the batter onto the parchment paper.
- Layer this with the almond paste and spead out evenly.
- Top this with the other layer of batter.
- Take a sharp knife and cut squares in the batter (doesn’t have to go all the way through).
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Take out your giant cookie and grab your knife again.
- Cut the same squares in the batter and this time, cut them all the way through.
- Let this cool off completely.
This is what the giant cookie looks like when going into the oven:
This is what it looks like when it’s out of the oven and cut up in smaller cookies:
The darker parts are the almond paste that wasn’t covered by the batter. Still perfectly edible!