On Steemit, there’s a weekly cullinary challenge. I joined it in the week where the challenge was to create crepes.
My entry was a goat cheese crepe with figs (amongst some other things). It was inspired by a pancake restaurant we visited a while ago. Let’s have a look at the recipe! (My images will show half the amount of the ingredients, as I was just cooking this for two.)
For the batter:
- 125g Flour (250g if you skip the Oatmeal)
- 125g Oatmeal (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 500ml Milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 Tsp vanilla exctract (optional)
- Butter or oil for baking
For the garnishing:
- 100g Goat cheese
- 60g Walnuts
- 75g Rucola
- ~6 Dried figs
- 4 Tbsp Honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Dried and crushed thyme
- Roughly chop up the walnuts (don’t make them too small).
- Cut the dried figs into smaller pieces.
- Mix the honey, balsamic vinegar and thyme.
- Mix all ingredients for the batter, until there are no lumps left.
- Heat up some butter/oil in a skillet on medium fire and pour of the some batter in. When the top has dried, flip the crepe and bake for another few minutes, until nicely brown.
- Once all crepes are baked, time to garnish them:
- Layer a crepe with some rucola leaves.
- Add a bit of the walnuts and figs.
- Crumple up some of the goat cheese to top this off.
- Sprinkle with the honey mixture.
I won 4th price with this recipe, which was awesome. I’ll definitely join the challenge again in the future.
This recipe was first posted on my Steemit page.