A big improvement on my previous version.
A while ago, I tried my hand at making a couscous dinner (I talked about it on Steemit). It did not work out well, because I just threw some healthy stuff together and they didn’t fit very well. It gave me an idea for a different kind of couscous dinner, though.
We like mushrooms here and we also enjoy the teriyaki taste, so I figured I’d combine the two. I once had this delicious sandwich with teriyaki sauce, mushrooms, chicken and taugé (is that the correct English word?). I figured, why not mix it with couscous? It turned out quite well, so here’s the recipe!
- 500g Mushrooms (whichever you like best, I mixed two kinds)
- 250g Tauge
- A couple of spring onions
- 125g Smoked chicken (or however much you like)
- 200g Couscous
- Coconut milk
- Teriyaki sauce (however much you enjoy)
- Ginger syrup (optional)
- Cut the mushrooms in quarters and cut the spring onions and chicken in small pieces.
- Bring a bit of water to boil and mix it with the couscous and some coconut milk. Let this sit while doing the rest.
- Heat up some oil in a wok and add the spring onions and cumin. Heat up for a minute or two.
- Add the mushrooms, taugé, teriyaki sauce, turmeric, cardamom and optionally the ginger syrup. Mix and heat this up well.
- Add the chicken and the couscous and heat up for another minute or two.