Yet another thing I first had at my mum’s. I guess it’s the first time I had pumpkin. My mum made soup and cake, which were both really good. This soup isn’t really based on her recipe though. It is basically just based on what I had lying around in the kitchen when I felt like pumpkin soup, combined with a few tips from recipes I found through google. It tastes great though!
If you have a food processor, I highly advice using it in the last step. Makes it so easy!
– 1 Pumpkin
– 1 Onion
– 1 Garlic clove
– 800 Ml chicken broth
– 1 Tsp curry spices
- Cut the pumpkin in quarters, remove the seeds and cut it in small pieces.
- Cut the onion in small pieces.
- Put some oil in a large pan, use a garlic press to add the garlic clove to the oil in small pieces.
- Heat the oil with garlic, add the onions and heat this on medium fire for a couple of minutes.
- Add the pumpkin pieces and heat for another couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and spices, bring to a boil and let this sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Take the pan off the fire. Use a masher to puree the pumpkin pieces untill you have a smooth soup.