Finally! I’ve been wanting to try this for a while now, but the store never had fresh figs. Untill now!
I’ve been thinking about appetizers lately. I want some in my repertoire. Just in case, you know, for fancy dinners or something. Now these, my friends, turned out pretty well! I’ve only had dryed figs before, but these did not disappoint. The taste is a lot more fresh than I had expected and it combined great with goat cheese.
– 4 Fresh figs
– 50g Goats cheese
– 4 Thin slices of ham
- Cut off the stem of the figs and wash them.
- Cut the figs in quarters, but don’t cut them all the way through, so the quarters are still connected at the bottom. Open them up a bit as shown on the picture.
- Crumple the slices of ham and put them in between the fig quarters.
- Break the goats cheese in small pieces and put them on top of the ham.
- Optionally top this off with some honey (I’ll try that next time!).