Just one word: yum!
Just FYI, this is not healthy at all, but oh so good!
So I was in a baking mood. There was a recipe for white truffels and another one for peanut butter cookies which I really wanted to try out and figured, who not just make both today?
I went to the store, got myself some chocolate, switched around some ingredients (mainly for the cookies) and went to work. The cookies came out quite good and I’ll share them with you some other time. The truffels came out even better! The liqueur in them really adds to their amazing taste and the coconut fits perfectly with the white chocolate.
Seeing as I made more than is good for us, we took the cookies and truffels with us to a family dinner. The truffels were a hit and I promised my cousin I would publish the recipe online soon. So without further ado, here it is! (Inspired by This recipe)
– 225g White chocolate
– 2 Tbsp heavy cream
– 2 Tbsp irish mist (or a different liqueur you like)
– 65g Shredded coconut
1. Melt the chocolate (I use the microwave with 30 sec interval).
2. Once it’s melted, add the liqueur and heavy cream and mix well.
3. Put the mix in the refrigerator and let this sit for about 45 minutes.
4. Scoop out small amounts of the mix with a teaspoon or a small scoop and roll them in your hands until you have a ball. Roll the ball in the chopped nuts or shredded coconut.
5. Put the truffels in the fridge again and keep them there until eating.