Sometimes you just need cheese..
While browsing through recipes, a tosti image caught my eye. Normally, I’ve got this neat little tosti iron and use it for cheese/ham tosti’s on tosti bread. Basically always the same. This image though, it showed a properly grilled one, with proper bread and everything. Oh yes, I wanted that.
So off we went to the shop to gather all the ingredients. Luckily, my tosti iron has grill irons aswell, which were perfect for this. The above image shows the delicious result! Here’s the quick and easy way to do this.
– Any bread you like/prefer
– Old cheese
- Either preheat your grill, or grab a skillet/grill pan and some butter.
- Cut the onion in small pieces.
- Take a slice of bread, layer it with old cheese, brie and onion and top it off with another slice of bread.
- Now either put this in the grill for about 5 minutes (time might differ a bit per grill), or heat up some butter in the pan and bake (and turn) untill both sides are nice and brown and the cheese is melted.