I have to admit, this turned out better than expected.
I follow this Facebook page which shows quick and easy recipes in videos. There’s many of these recipes awaiting a try, but I hardly ever go for it. This week someone suggested I should give myself the challenge of making one new thing every week, because this whole baking thing is something I want to get more serious about.
Advice taken and this time I went for peanut butter bites. Their recipe called for a kind of flour I didn’t have, so I went for the buckwheat flour I still had sitting in my kitchen cabinet. I happily went about mixing and roling, though I wasn’t expecting too much. It turns out, the endresult was actually quite good. As my taste tester (aka boyfriend) said, all that’s missing are some peanuts. I have my variation idea for the next time!
– 1 Tsp vanilla extract
– 4 Tbsp peanutbutter
– 1 Tbsp honey
– 80g Buckwheat flour (or try a different type of flour)
– Dark chocolate
1. Mix everything, except for the dark chocolate.
2. Roll into small balls.
3. Melt the dark chocolate (I use the microwave, be sure to stir in between).
4. Roll the balls around in the chocolate (use a spoon) and put them on a baking sheet.
5. Put in the fridge for about an hour.