A quick and easy recipe for the warm days (even though summer’s just about done).
I found this recipe a couple of years ago. It was in one of those recipe books some grocery stores hand out each month. The recipe requires mostly canned ingredients and no cooking whatsoever. It’s so easy to make and great for a cold dinner on a warm day. Because of this, I mostly make this in the summer.
I honestly have no idea where the original recipe is, but I’ve made this enough times to know it by heart. I’m sure the amounts of some ingredients are off, but hey, this is how I like it! Last time we had this, I didn’t have lettuce and was too lazy to go to the shop, so we had this without the lettuce. I do advice to use the lettuce though, tastes better!
So without further ado, here’s the recipe.
– 1 Can of corn
– 1 Can of kidney beans
– 1 Can of tuna
– 200g Grilled bell peppers
– Chili sauce
– 6 wraps
– 1 Package of lettuce
- Cut the bell peppers in small pieces and drain all the cans of fluids.
- Mix the bell peppers, corn, kidney beans and tuna in whatever container you have available (I usually use a pan).
- Add 2-3 tbsp chili sauce and mix again.
- Warm up the wraps as indicated on the package.
- Add some filling to the wrap and top this off with lettuce. If you like your chili sauce, you can add some extra, before wrapping it all up.