What to do with a mango?
I like mangos, so whenever they’re on sale, I buy them. Last week I bought one, but couldn’t figure out what to do with it. I didn’t feel like eating it just as it was (I otherwise have no problems with that, don’t worry!), so I browsed around the interwebs for some dessert ideas.
I found a lot of desserts with mangos, yogurt and some form of sugar. I was low on yogurt though and had to save that for breakfast. I also found this warm mango, coconut recipe with some other stuff mixed in.
That’s when I thought about the coconutmilk which was lying around in my fridge, not being used. Why not use that? So that’s how this easy, delicious, two-ingredient recipe came to be:
– 200ml Coconut milk (the proper stuff in which the cream and water separate)
– 1 Mango (or canned mango)
- Make sure the coconut milk is well chilled. Mine was already in the fridge, but putting it there overnight will definitely do the trick. Take it out, don’t shake it and open up the package/can.
- Skim the cream off of the top with a spoon, untill there’s only water left. You can use the water in a smoothie later.
- Put the cream into a small bowl and mix it for a couple of minutes.
- Cut the mango into pieces and put this in the blender. Blend untill there are no chuncks left.
- Mix the mango and coconut cream, divide over two glasses and put in the fridge untill used.