So whenever we go to the sushi restaurant, I order mushrooms or zucchini pieces, which have this very tasty sauce added to them. Lately I’ve been trying to make something similar, but I haven’t gotten it quite right yet. I think I need to add syrup to the whole thing.. Something to try soon!
Anyway, I want to make this sauce myself, because I love the zucchini and mushrooms like this. What I made last week was pretty tasty and close-ish, so I’m going to share this with you. Whenever I get the ingredients just right, I will obviously share this joyous news straight away!
This serves 2:
– 1 Zucchini
– 250g Mushrooms (I used chestnut mushrooms)
For the sauce:
– 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce (ketjap manis)
– 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
– 1/2 tbsp honey (I used Acacia honey)
– 1/2 tbsp ginger powder
- Clean the mushrooms and cut them into quarters.
- Clean the zucchini, cut it in half and then cut slices of about 1cm. If you’ve got a particularly fat zucchini, cut the slices into quarters.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together. I would add the soy sauce last and partially first. Stop before it gets too salty.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the vegetables and sauce.
- Mix well on high fire untill the veggies are done (about 5 minutes).