A while ago, I tried out a few recipes of Amy’s Healthy Baking. They were very delicious and I will definitely try out some more in the future! One of them was her Clean cinnamon roll scones recipe. I’ve made this one twice now with a few, minor adjustments.
The best thing about this recipe is that it’s so easy to make! I also have all of the ingredients in house most of the time, meaning I don’t have to plan for it either. I added raisins to the recipe, which I quite like personally, but they’re optional.
I use coconut oil, because I always have that lying around. Amy’s advice is to use butter when possible.
Here’s my version:
– 150g Whole wheat flour
– 2 Tsp ground cinnamon
– 1 1/2 Tsp baking powder
– 1/2 Tsp salt
– 2 Tbsp coconut oil
– 120g Greek yogurt
– 3 Tbsp honey
– 1 Tsp vanilla extract
– 3 Tbsp raisins (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 220C and add a parchment paper to a baking sheet
2. In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add the coconut oil and mix this using a fork.
3. Add the greek yogurt, honey and vanilla extract and mix. Optionally, add the 3 Tbsp of raisins.
4. Drop the dough onto the baking sheet and shape it to be a circle of around 2 cm high.
5. Slice the circle into 8 (pizza) pieces using a sharp knife.
6. Put the baking sheet into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
I’d say let it cool, but they’re so good when they’re still warm!