I love potatoes baked in the oven, so I’m always experimenting with them. I try many different herbs and sometimes sauces. This one came together after eating this delicious chicken and potato dish (for the Dutchies: MAGGI Braadstomen Smokey Chicken). I loved the barbecuey taste of this and thought, why not do this with barbecue sauce!
I used regular size potatoes and cut them in small pieces. You can also use small potatoes and just cut them in half. Leave the skin on for some extra taste and healthiness, but be sure to clean them properly first.
I added the potatoes to the oven straight away. The cooking time will depend largely on the size of the pieces. You can also cook them for about 10-15 minutes first, which would reduce the oven time to about 15 minutes.
This serves 2:
– 500g Potatoes
– 4 Tbsp barbecue sauce (I use Black Jack – Smokey BBQ Sauce)
– 1 Tbsp italian herbs
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into small pieces.
- Add the pieces to the baking tray and add some oil. Mix this.
- Next, add the barbecue sauce and mix well.
- Lastly, add the italian herbs and again, mix everything well.
- Insert the baking tray into the oven and bake for about 35 minutes. About halfway in, make sure to mix everything again.