Let me share my dinner from last night with you.
This all came together when I really wanted pasta. I did not feel like the regular bolognese though. No, I felt like creamy pasta. And peas.
The last time I made creamy pasta, it was all kinds of bland. It needed more of a kick. Something to make it stand out. So this time, I decided to add some bacon to the mix! I threw some other stuff in there and this eventually resulted in my new favorite pasta.
Here’s how you make it. Do keep in mind though, I tend to just wing it with the ingredients, so the proportions might be a bit off. I like a lot of sauce compared to the amount of pasta, so adding a bit more pasta should be fine (and feed more mouths).
To serve 2-3 people:
– 200g Pasta (whichever you like best)
– 150g Frozen peas
– Handfull of frozen spinach blocks
– 250g Bacon cubes
– 1 Onion
– A cream sauce with herbs (I use Boursin Cuisine)
- Boil a pan of water and add the pasta. For the last couple of minutes, add the frozen peas.
- Meanwhile, heat up a skillet and add the cubes of bacon.
- Dice up the onion and add it to the cubes of bacon.
- After a couple of minutes, add the blocks of frozen spinach.
- Once the spinach is completely heated, mix in the cream sauce and heat this up.
- Add the pasta and peas and mix everything together.