During my search for a tastier and healthy work lunch (I’m not the biggest fan of bread), I decided to experiment with wraps. I searched online for tasty wrap fillings and tried a few of my own. This resulted in a couple of fillings I could easily add to my wraps in the morning to take with me to work.
My favorite one is this cinnamon apple wrap. At first I was afraid the apple would get all brown-ish during its wait for lunch. I thought I’d have to sprinkle it all with lemon juice. It turns out, this is not the case at all! Apparently the apple stays perfectly crisp and tasty-looking within this wrap with cinnamon sprinkled on top.
Here’s the very easy recipe:
For two wraps.
– 2 Of your favorite wraps (I use multigrain)
– 1 Apple
1. Warm up the wraps in the microwave for a couple of seconds, as indicated on the package.
2. Slice the apple in four quarters, remove the core and slice them into thin parts.
3. Use half of the apple parts per wrap and lay them in a line.
4. Sprinkle cinnamon over the apple parts to taste (I tend to go a bit overboard, because.. cinnamon!).
5. Roll them up, cut them in half and either wrap them in tin foil, or keep them in an airtight container until lunch.
Most of the time I take one of these with me and go for a different filling on another wrap. I also take some extra vegetables and fruit with me to work for some extra munching during the day.